wayland in rawhide

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 23:16:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 3:35 PM, David Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> wrote:
> Maybe trialing GNOME on wayland as the default is premature but removing the option
> on login to use GNOME on X is definitely. As such I respectfully ask you put that
> option back in rawhide.
So just to be clear, there is an option to use X.  It's the same
option people have used
to force the login screen to X the past two releases.  It's just been
extended to apply
to user sessions as well.  You're objection isn't that there is no
option, it's that it's not
as prominently placed as you'd like it to be.

That's fine.  I don't have a problem adding "GNOME on Xorg" option to
the session
menu in the interim. I'll do it tomorrow.

I will say you're coming off (to me anyway) as somewhat combative.  We're on
the same team here.  Let's keep it constructive and friendly?

> If you still disagree, I'll probably have to spend time I could spend working on
> stuff, taking this through some Fedora process I haven't had to deal with.
I think your input when the system-wide change is discussed would be valued.
Clearly, any help you provide with wayland is valued as well.

--Ray