wayland in rawhide

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:41:51 UTC 2015

>>> That's fine.  I don't have a problem adding "GNOME on Xorg" option to
>>> the session
>>> menu in the interim. I'll do it tomorrow.
>>
>> This is what the feature page said would happen in the first place. So
>> I'm also confused why you didn't just do that.
> Initially the feature page was written before Fedora 23.  I was involved in
> a more recent discussion about the implementation details of
> pushing the big red switch, and having one item that did fallback was the
> conclusion of the discussion.  I did edit the wiki to say this:
>
> Users will be able to disable wayland by setting WaylandEnable=false
>  in /etc/gdm/custom.conf but there will no longer be two separate menu
> items for GNOME on Wayland and GNOME on X11.

This seems still still be confusing a lot of people, I see quite
regularly queries on some forums like G+ that when they upgrade to
anything post F-21 all they get is a black screen on boot. Is there
any way that if way for that to happen automatically where they don't
get to a gdm login prompt?

Peter