wayland in rawhide

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Nov 12 10:38:08 UTC 2015

> On Nov 12, 2015, at 8:10 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
>
> On 12/11/15 00:58, David Airlie wrote:
>
>> Close all remaining feature parity gaps between the Wayland and the X11 session:
>>
>>     input methods
>>     on-screen keyboard
>>     hi-dpi support
>>     clipboard proxy for xwayland
>>     attached modal dialogs
>>     tablet support
>>     startup notification
>>     touch proxy for xwayland
>>     accessibility features
>>     output rotation
>>
>> These are just the missing features (never mind dialog boxes in wierd places bugs)
>> and it doesn't even contain the USB output hotplugging, or secondary GPU output use cases.
>
> You forgot primary selection/middle click paste, which was what made me go back to X when I tried it in F23.

So I upgraded to F23 just around Alpha or Beta can’t remember and I’ve experienced some odd mouse / copy paste behaviour. I haven’t yet filed a bug but now I’m wondering… How do I know if I’m using Wayland? I’ve never specifically configured it so anything I’m experiencing in a normal GNOME 3 session is either ‘normal’ but I don’t like it, configurable change that has a different default or some weird bug… I’d like to know if I’m somehow not using X anymore, and that’s the problem.

—
Nathanael