DNF is completly unable to act with local packages

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Nov 12 15:50:16 UTC 2015

Am 12.11.2015 um 16:45 schrieb Emmanuel Seyman:
> * Honza Å ilhan [12/11/2015 06:38] :
>>
>> Personally I find "install"/"update" naming more readable than "-Uvh"/"-Fvh".
>
> Note that -U and -F aren't meant to be readable. They're shorthand for
> "--upgrade" and for "--freshen" respectively

but it's unexpected behavior that -U *installs* packages instead only
_U_pgrade installed ones while nobody ever searchs for "freshen"

would not be a topic if DNF would not be completly broken for "dnf
update *.rpm", in F22 it works sometimes while in F23 it is just
unuseable 99.9% of the time while YUM has no problems over years

frankly that breaks even buildscripts here which builds libraries and
dependent packages in the right order because the local update after the
libs fails