where is mariadb-10.0.21-1.fc23 ?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Nov 12 16:03:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 07:34:10 +0000 (UTC)
Petr Pisar <ppisar at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 2015-11-11, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > The best thing we can do about these cases right now is for
> > maintainers to PAY ATTENTION. If you have multiple updates in
> > flight for the same package, please make sure they don't both go
> > stable at the same time.=20
> That's ridiculous. Should I request for stable in one branch, then
> wait few days until the packages is actually pushed, and then request
> for stable into older Fedora?
>
> The serialization should be handled by releng's tool that do the push.

This is not the thing we were talking about though.

This issue is about multiple updates in the very same branch.

Surely you can realize as maintainer when you build foo-1.0-1.fc23 and
then later foo-1.0-2.fc23 and bodhi doesn't obsolete the older update
(for the reasons I mentioned), that you as maintainer should go look
and unpush the old update, or edit it to add the -2 version to a
multipackage update, or at the very least not push 1.0-1 and 1.0-2 to
stable at the same time?

> > Failing that, when you notice these issues after the fact, file a
> > releng ticket and we can retag things in the right order so it gets
> > fixed.
> >
> In otherwords always disable autokarma. I push builds into testing and
> sombody raises karma over a weekend and when I come to the mailbox
> later, I only see F22 was pushed into stable before F23. There is
> nothing a mainter can do besides disabling default Bodhi features.

This is a seperate and unrelated issue that I wasn't talking about. ;)

kevin