wayland in rawhide

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 16:58:32 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

We do expect to get all of these resolved during the Fedora 23 lifecycle,
the reason we are switching Rawhide is to push more people to get involved
with finding and fixing the issues we do not know about yet. This is a major change for us as a project and we need to take collective ownership of it,
if we expect to be able to sit back and let a few dedicated people pull the
load alone here we are setting ourselves up for failure.

And let it be clearly said if we do not get these items resolved in time for Fedora 24 we will not switch to Wayland as default in Fedora 24.

There are some items, like binary driver support, that are not likely to be resolved for Fedora 24, but for those the automatic X fallback should kick
inn.

Christian