FedRTC.org SIP and XMPP service - help needed

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 12 23:00:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.pro> wrote:

> I've been looking at ways to expand on the fedrtc.org service and would
> like to start creating a team around the service just as we did in
> Debian[1].

Ordinarily I'd probably be the first to encourage this, but having done a
lot of the work to setup Fedora Talk many years ago, I'm not sure this is a
good fit for Fedora Infrastructure.  Why?  Because with Fedora Talk, we saw
that the service wasn't used very much, and while the maintenance burden on
the Infra team wasn't big, it was still one more thing they had to worry
about, and something that the didn't feed 100% confident in administering.
Do you have any statistics on how much the service is being used by Fedora
contributors?

--
Jared Smith