building conflicting packages from a single spec

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Nov 18 03:31:24 UTC 2015

PB> Is $subject possible?

I don't think so, since at the end of %install you have exactly one set
of files in one buildroot.  Still, I don't see a reason for the
subpackages to actually conflict.

PB> Are any other techniques possible?

Install the binaries under separate names and use simple scripts to
decide which to run (or use alternatives, but ugh.)  Install libraries
into separate paths and use the scripts to set the library path.

If the software uses dlopen, just fix it to open the proper library
based on the capabilities of the machine.

 - J<