DNF is completly unable to act with local packages

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:53:04 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Panu Matilainen
<pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> wrote:

> Right. Only took eight years for anybody to notice ;)
>
>         - Panu -

At this point, I'm wondering why we don't use the ~/+ operators to
more explicitly declare the ordering of versions like Debian does. As
far as I know, RPM does actually support this in every release the
Fedora Project supports, except for EL5/6. But with those two, we
already have to do a lot of weird things for compatibility in their
specs that we're allowed to not have to do for the rest.

I don't know if anyone even understands how version comparison even
works in RPM fully...