[Test-Announce] Fedora 24 Rawhide 20151117 nightly compose nominated for testing

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 18 17:14:54 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-11-18 at 09:57 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 07:38:43PM -0800, adamwill at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> > for Fedora 24 Rawhide 20151117. Please help run some tests for this
> > nightly compose if you have time. For more information on nightly
> > release validation testing, see:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan
>
> If problems are found which we know will eventually be blockers for
> F24, what's the process of making sure those are on the radar of poeple
> who can fix them _before_ the crunch time?

Any problem found that violates the criteria will not 'eventually be' a
blocker for F24, it already *is* a blocker for F24. The F24 blocker
tracker bugs exist, the blocker nomination web UI is set up to point to
F24; you can already nominate F24 blockers (in fact I nominated the
first several months ago, shortly after F24 branched).

So, if we find any blockers, we will nominate them as usual. Blocker
review meetings will start pretty soon also, as soon as we have a
couple of bugs to review.

One step that perhaps we could improve on from last time is sending out
blocker status mails earlier and more frequently, but in fact for F23,
things went very well at Alpha: we identified and fixed all the
blockers quite early, and shipped Alpha on schedule.

(for the record, blocker trackers are created two releases in advance;
when we shipped F23, we created the F25 blocker tracker bugs.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey