F24 System Wide Change: Systemd file triggers

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Thu Nov 19 02:58:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 05:06:48PM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> JK> * Update the macros provided by systemd and add appropriate file
> JK>   triggers.
>
> This is great, but FPC is working on file trigger stuff so please do try
> and coordinate.  We weren't planning on pushing any of this through the
> feature process as it's pretty much completely an internal packaging
> thing and some things have already been converted.

Sure I'm happy to coordinate. I wrote up the Change page because of the
potential for breakage (as with anything systemd related) and the need
for a mass rebuild for the change to take effect.

Note that there's more stuff in systemd that can use filetriggers:
%udev_hwdb_update, %udev_rules_update, %journal_catalog_update,
possibly others. But those are much more localized, so I thought that
those could be implemented without any special announcement.

Zbyszek