Lua 5.2

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 09:51:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 18-11-15 08:06, Germano Massullo wrote:
> Hi, I would like to ask "lua" and "compat-lua" maintainers if it is
> possible to have a packaged 5.2 lua version.
> A use case? Upstream Darktable ships a bundled Lua version 5.2, and it is
> not compatible with Lua 5.3. Fedora's Darktable does not ship the bundled
> Lua to respect Fedora packaging rules.

If Darktable is using 5.2, it is likely being actively maintained
upstream. So you could ask Darktable upstream to move to 5.3 for
some future version and use a bundled 5.2 in the mean time.

compat-lua is mostly used by some somewhat older games who
are not being updated by upstream and which cannot easily
be ported to 5.2.

Regards,

Hans