building conflicting packages from a single spec

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 11:11:40 UTC 2015

On 11/18/2015 04:26 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> Is $subject possible?
>
> For example generating subpackages like:
>   %{name}-small-but-slow-binaries
>   %{name}-fast-but-big-binaries
>
> I can %prep and %install into separate areas,
> though was then wondering how to adjust
> the buildroot for subpackages?
>
> Are any other techniques possible?
> I suppose I could manually set conflicts,
> and then move binaries post install,
> though what happens if mv is one of the
> binaries for example?
>
> cheers,
> Pádraig.

I added RemovePathPostfixes in 4.13. But is still kinda lacks proper
documentation. See
http://rpm.org/gitweb?p=rpm.git;a=commitdiff;h=415aa42566052db9b7677163cea0366e55f72dcf

It is also more useful for things like different config files than
different builds...

Florian

--

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/ Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael