Dealing with the "my packages" problem

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 11:35:07 UTC 2015

On Čt, 2015-11-19 at 11:06 +0100, Martin Kolman wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-11-18 at 16:39 -0500, David Airlie wrote:

Yes, this would be almost perfect. If we can get such staging branches
to be automatically merged or merge canceled by the package owner to
work. It also needs a little cultural change but it should not be a
drastic change. Of course this should not encourage provenpackagers to
hastily produce incorrect changes and just depending on the review of
the owner.

We could also have a branch for regular packagers not provenpackagers
working in similar way but it would not be merged automatically but only
when the owner explicitly say so. You can probably already use private
branches for that but it is missing some automation and official
workflow definition.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb