Incomplete work of fedora-review

Jens Lody fedora at jenslody.de
Sun Nov 22 21:11:15 UTC 2015

Am Sonntag, den 22.11.2015, 21:11 +0100 schrieb Antonio Trande:
> Hi all,
>
> today i'm not able to review any package because of 'fedora-review'.
> Pratically, always appears an info like "Install command returned
> error code 30"
>
> > fedora-review -m fedora-rawhide-i386 -b ... INFO: Processing
> > bugzilla bug: ... INFO: Getting .spec and .srpm Urls from : ...
> > INFO:   --> SRPM url: http://....src.rpm INFO:   --> Spec url:
> > http://....spec INFO: Using review directory: /home/sagitter/...
> > INFO: Downloading .spec and .srpm files ... ... INFO: Running
> > checks and generating report INFO: Results and/or logs in:
> > /home/sagitter/.../results INFO: Build completed INFO: Installing
> > built package(s) INFO: Install command returned error code 30
> > <------------------------ INFO: Active plugins: Generic,
> > Shell-api, C/C++
>
> and, above all, 'htop' shows a
>
> > python3 dnf .. -resolve 'something' python3 dnf .. -resolve
> > 'something else'
>
> (where 'something' are the BuildRequires packages) that runs over and
> over again.
>
> The result directory of fedora-review contains an empty 'review.txt'
> file but package is built correctly.
>
> Has anyone else this problem?

I don't get the "error code 30" messages, but the review is extremly
slow.
I takes over 3 hours for a package that needs 3 minutes to build on
copr (from upload to finish).
The most time is spent for "dnf repoquery -q -C --requires --resolve
xxxxx", it took nearly 3 hours to do 72 repoqueries, many of them are
repeated. There are just 30 different packages to resolve.

Between the messages there are several lines of this type (in german):
"11-22 19:05 root         DEBUG    Running: dnf repoquery -q -C --
requires --resolve Die letzte Prüfung auf abgelaufene Metadaten wurde
vor 0:12:50 auf Sun Nov 22 16:03:37 2015 ausgeführt"

It tells me that the last metadata check is 0:12:50 ago and was done at
16:03:37, the message has a timestamp of 19:05.
The timestamp is correct, the time for the metadata-check is most
likely also correct, but the time span is obviously wrong.

The repoqueries from cache need about 2:45 minutes, as normal user and
as root, with a refresh the need a little more than 3 minutes.
The command eats up 100% of one of my cpu's with 3.2 GHz. Memory can
not be a problem, it needs 0.3 % of my 32GB Ram.

Jens