wxGTK3 - drop down fields - text misplaced (Audacity)

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Mon Nov 23 14:29:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015, David Timms wrote:

> Hi any GTk3 or WxWidgets devs,
>
> In Audacity (next), upstream has moved to wxGTK3. The only visible issue
> I can see is with the placement of text within drop down fields.
>
> The text is too low, and if it's too wide, the combo box isn't resizing
> to fit the width. [1]
>
> Just wondered if this is a problem with any other wxGTK3 using
> applications, or any pointers in trying to nut out the cause would be
> welcome ?
>
> [1]
> <http://members.iinet.net.au/~timmsy/audacity-freeworld/gtk3-screenshots/>
> contains 3 screen shots indicating the issue, where it's difficult to
> read the text.

When updating my code for wxGTK3, there were some places where I had to
add a Layout() call to my wxPanel after adding items to a wxChoice in
order to get it to size correctly.  The same code worked just fine with
GTK2, so I'm not sure whether I really should have had a Layout() call
there in the first place.

Scott