Strange missing dependencies for claws-mail-plugins-geolocation

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowi at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 17:20:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 17:19 +0200, Luigi Votta wrote:
> Hello I'm tring to build claws-mail 3.13.0 with its plugins.
> After running
> ./configure
>
> I've that the geolocation plugin (the only one), will not
> build, cause missing dependencies.
>
> It claims for
> champlain-gtk-0.8
> (and perhaps clutter-gtk-0.10 too).
>
> But they are already installed:
> libchamplain-gtk-0.12.10-1.fc22.i686
> (clutter-gtk-1.6.2-1.fc22.i686)

These two provide champlain-0.12 and clutter-gtk-1.0, both for gtk3,
while claws-mail (as a gtk2-based app) requires the last versions which
were for gtk2.  In theory (and with some patches), these two versions
could be made parallel-installable (e.g. as clutter-gtk010 and
libchamplain08), but AFAIK the old versions are no longer maintained.

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Associate Software Engineer, ARM