Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Oct 1 21:59:13 UTC 2015

On 09/30/2015 06:32 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 04:52:48PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> people not declaring their bundles and not care about policies did the
>>> same before: not declare it and not ask for exceptions - there is a
>>> logical flow in "now that i don't need to ask FPC i don't declare it"
>> Exactly, that's what I would consider a serious regression.
>
> But re-read what you're just replying to. The thing is, there's all
> sorts of bundling going on all throughout Fedora under the radar.
I know - while Fedora is doing pretty good job on unbundling in many
cases, there are case where Fedora is doing a missable job.

IMO, this should be reason to encourage fighting bundling and not to
weaken unbundling and weaken enforcing unbundling.  Which is - as I feel
- what you are currently doing.

Ralf