SPF records @fedoraproject.org versus @lists.fedoraproject.org

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Oct 5 15:02:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 16:47:09 +0200
Marcin Juszkiewicz <mjuszkiewicz at redhat.com> wrote:

> W dniu 05.10.2015 o 16:43, Reindl Harald pisze:
> > well, that people should send their mail from the Fedora servers and
> > not from a wrong configured random MTA allowing random envelope
> > senders
>
> Many of those people send their mail from properly configured MTA
> allowing random envelope senders for authenticated users.

There's no "sending from Fedora servers".

@fedoraproject.org _aliases_ are just aliases. They aren't real
mailboxes.

We will never have SPF records for fedoraproject.org.

The bodhi emails are IMHO a bug:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/626

It should ideally not send them at all (in favor of FMN) or  if it has
to for some reason, they should come from a known address and not
pretend to be from the commenter.

kevin