SPF records @fedoraproject.org versus @lists.fedoraproject.org

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Oct 5 15:40:55 UTC 2015

Am 05.10.2015 um 17:12 schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 11:04:40 -0400
> Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:
>
>> And openpgpkey-milter :)
>>
>> And put in a TLSA record for their MX :)
>
> I don't think it makes much sense for Fedora Infrastructure to get into
> the business of being a SMTP server provider. Is this something that
> would help forward the goals of the Fedora Project? If so, how?
>
> Additionally I suspect the admin overhead would be large just answering
> "Your smtp server sent me spam" type of noise...

my whole point was that automatic generated mails of infrastructure
should live in a subdomain with a SPF record to handle them different
than ordinary mail - a whitelist_auth / shortcircuit message eats no
ressources ona incoming filter and you don't need bayes-training while
SPF prevents forging the sender