new package SCM requests change

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Oct 7 12:57:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 18:23:01 +0530
Parag Nemade <panemade at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I was asked to follow "This SCM request method has been deprecated.
> Please see
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageDB_admin_requests" on one of my
> new package review bug.
>    I want to know is this process announced somewhere? This has been
> asked on review bug also but as limb never gets cc'ed to review bugs
> he never gets further comments from people working on review bug.

I was planning on doing so monday, but got swamped.

I'll try and get the announcement out today.

> Also, does this mean that we can now remove fedora-cvs flag from
> bugzilla?

Sure. Time permitting on bugzilla admins.

> What benefit we got with this process where we again require
> some admin to process requests?

It means you don't need to copy and paste some information using a
template from one place to another place that gets scraped by a tool
and attempted to be parsed, it's all in one app.
Look for the announcement for more info.

> How will I know that branches are
> created? will that information be commented on review bugzilla as
> well?

The ones you request?

kevin