new package SCM requests change

Parag Nemade panemade at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:03:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 18:23:01 +0530
> Parag Nemade <panemade at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>    I was asked to follow "This SCM request method has been deprecated.
>> Please see
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageDB_admin_requests" on one of my
>> new package review bug.
>>    I want to know is this process announced somewhere? This has been
>> asked on review bug also but as limb never gets cc'ed to review bugs
>> he never gets further comments from people working on review bug.
>
> I was planning on doing so monday, but got swamped.
>
> I'll try and get the announcement out today.
>
>> Also, does this mean that we can now remove fedora-cvs flag from
>> bugzilla?
>
> Sure. Time permitting on bugzilla admins.
>
>> What benefit we got with this process where we again require
>> some admin to process requests?
>
> It means you don't need to copy and paste some information using a
> template from one place to another place that gets scraped by a tool
> and attempted to be parsed, it's all in one app.
> Look for the announcement for more info.
>
>> How will I know that branches are
>> created? will that information be commented on review bugzilla as
>> well?
>
> The ones you request?

I just used pkgdb and requested new package branches. Here I would
like to suggest when someone requests branches associated with some
review bug then that bug should get notification that "your request
for branches has been submitted and someone will process in next 24
hours" and then when actually branches are created that thing also get
commented on bugzilla that "your branches are ready to import new
package".

Thanks,
Parag.