Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:21:17 UTC 2015

On 7 October 2015 at 16:41, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> So the next step after that is that we reward people who lower a
>> package's point. Good idea Kevin.
>
> "Reward" how?

I was thinking of cookies, but I expect that some sort of system could
be put in place that would help promote moving stuff to less bundling.
Now I understand the whole just use a whip to beat the supposed
packagers into line bit. I don't agree with it, but I can understand
it. I just think that sometimes you need to use a carrot to get the
mule to walk.

> There shouldn't be any need for special rewards for a packager just doing
> his/her job, instead, those who don't do it shouldn't be allowed to be
> packagers.
>
> The current situation with packages stuck in the review queue forever,
> exception requests to FPC skyrocketing, etc. is the result of rampant
> packager laziness.
>
>         Kevin Kofler
>
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.