Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 8 00:31:05 UTC 2015

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> Badges was supposed to be that carrot for the mule's so perhaps there's
> just missing new set of badges for this...
>
> 1.https://badges.fedoraproject.org/

Those "badges" are completely useless as a reward. They're just a
nonsensical entry on some website that I don't give a darn about. And any
serious packager has a terabazillion badges already (including some for
things that shouldn't be rewarded to begin with, such as failed builds). And
the more new badges you create, the less value the existing ones have (and
they have hardly any value to begin with).

Really, people who do work not to make Fedora better, but to collect virtual
badges on some stupid website, are exactly the people who should NOT be
attracted.

        Kevin Kofler