Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel at seyman.fr
Thu Oct 8 12:26:39 UTC 2015

* Kevin Kofler [08/10/2015 02:33] :

> The thing is, it should NOT matter at all how upstream feels. If we treat
> unbundling as something to do with upstream, we already failed. Unbundling
> must be done whether upstream likes it or not, even in upstream's spite! And

At this point, you're better off forking the project. You'll be doing the
same thing with less emphasis of the fact that it's for Fedora (so packagers
of the original upstream will join in more easily) and users will not be
directed to a hostile upstream (since you'll be the upstream of the new
project).

Emmanuel