Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2015-10-07)

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Thu Oct 8 22:32:56 UTC 2015

On Friday, 09 October 2015 at 00:14, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> On 10/08/2015 08:48 AM, Haïkel wrote:
> [snip]
> >Please keep in mind, that Fesco is aware this is not a perfect
> >solution, and we''ll gladly review any proposals to improve this
> >policy. But we can keep discussing this for years, or try to solve
> >this issue incrementally. We chose the latter.
> [snip]
>
> Replying to highlight this piece.  The passed proposal is an improvement: it
> opens Fedora to more participants, it better reflects some upstream
> realities, and best of all it can be further amended. As people have the
> time and inclination they can and should propose further improvements- Fesco
> is clearly open to and expecting this, so if you have an idea on how to
> further improve the bundling policies, please propose it.  In this way
> Fedora gets better and better over time.

Forgive me the analogy, but to me it looked like this:
Some vocal people don't like this old scary building we have. Let's destroy
the building completely, put up a nicely painted shed in its place and
hope someone will "improve it". I believe it would've been easier to
renovate the old building than to rebuild everything from the ground up.

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org
"Faith manages."