Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2015-10-07)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 19:04:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 04:36:37PM +0200, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> But in the real-world - version changes, it gets incompatible,
> requires some new way how to use it and so on....

This doesn't have to be.  It is possible to write libraries, even very
complex ones, with endless backwards compatibility.  It's what libvirt
does.  And the kernel (almost always).

In fact I'd say breaking your ABI contract continuously is another
lazy, poor programming practice.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v