Proposal: retire lesstif in f24 and beyond

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Oct 11 07:49:01 UTC 2015

On 10/10/2015 07:39 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 07:20:22AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> I know, we are late in the release schedule, but I am considering to
>> switching at least Inventor to motif on fc23, as well - It's
>> unimportant enough to most users, but is important to me ;)
>
> I think that in a case of leaf package like that it totally makes
> sense to switch even this late before release. Removal of
> a dependency on lesstif seems important enough.

Rebuilding Inventor against motif requires switching
mesa-libGLw and Inventor to motif, i.e. a chain build consisting of
mesa-libGLw and Inventor.

As Inventor seems to be the only user of mesa-libGLw, this should be
pretty harmless.

Unless somebody objects, I am going to rebuild these 2 packages for fc23
tomorrow.

Ralf

PS.: derelict-GL3-devel also claims to require mesa-libGLw, but I can
not spot any actual source-code nor object dependency beween GLw nor
Xm. I therefore am inclined to believe this to be a packaging bug in
derelict.