Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2015-10-07)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 12 15:23:36 UTC 2015

Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Because adding downstream features to a system library really is the way
> to keep ABI (not). We wouldn't even be able to use Ubuntu binaries in
> Fedora.

As long as we only ADD features, using foreign binaries on Fedora should
work fine. The opposite might not, but that's not OUR problem. Actually, the
more stuff we add to our libraries, the MORE likely it is that blobs from
other distributions (some of which already carry those patches) just work.

And in addition, personally, I don't consider cross-distribution binary
compatibility to be a meaningful goal to begin with. Fedora is not about
binary blobs.

        Kevin Kofler