python-pexpect 4.x coming to F23 and Rawhide

Igor Gnatenko i.gnatenko.brain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:01:34 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

today I managed to fix all critical issues regarding pexpect 4.x. Most
interested feature of this release is supporting asyncio.

Changelog: http://pexpect.readthedocs.org/en/stable/history.html#releases

I don't think that someone will see regressions, because I more or less
checked relnotes, source code of projects dependent on it in Fedora and
found nothing to be broken. List of dependencies:
catfish-0:1.3.2-2.fc24.noarch
cinnamon-0:2.6.13-10.fc24.x86_64
openstack-trove-guestagent-1:4.0.0-0.1.0rc2.fc24.noarch
python-hardware-0:0.17-1.fc24.noarch
python-invoke-0:0.9.0-5.fc23.noarch
python-ipython-console-0:3.2.1-5.fc24.noarch
stylus-toolbox-0:0.2.7-10.fc23.noarch
python3-hardware-0:0.17-1.fc24.noarch
python3-invoke-0:0.9.0-5.fc23.noarch
python3-ipython-console-0:3.2.1-5.fc24.noarch

I've increased positive karma for this update to ensure that testing will
be enough.
Bodhi link:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-pexpect-4.0.1-3.fc23
--