Current Rawhide problems you might want to know about

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 12:53:43 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:10:54AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> > Is kdbus enabled?
>> How do I tell?  Anyway I didn't take any explicit step to enable it.
>> The machine has just been 'dnf update'-d to Rawhide.
>
> As I understand it, the plan was to switch it on in rawhide, but I'm

No.

> not sure what happens if you just upgrade like that. You should see
> kdbus in /proc/cmdline - and no system dbus process. I think it'd be an
> interesting exercise to turn it off if it's on, and on if it it's off.

The kernel module is included in the rawhide (and only rawhide)
kernels, however it is not enabled by default.  A user needs to
explicitly specify kdbus=1 on their kernel cmdline to enable kdbus.
The reason being that we do not want to have rawhide default to
something that is not going to ship in the next release, and we are
not going to include the kdbus code in the kernel on a stable release
until it is merged upstream.

josh