Current Rawhide problems you might want to know about

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 12:57:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 08:49:18AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:10:54AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > Is kdbus enabled?
> > How do I tell?  Anyway I didn't take any explicit step to enable it.
> > The machine has just been 'dnf update'-d to Rawhide.
>
> As I understand it, the plan was to switch it on in rawhide, but I'm
> not sure what happens if you just upgrade like that. You should see
> kdbus in /proc/cmdline - and no system dbus process. I think it'd be an
> interesting exercise to turn it off if it's on, and on if it it's off.
> :)

As Josh clarified, it's not enabled.

Really strangely - the bug has gone away.  I did not make any kind of
configuration change or install any package.  So there we go.  I left
the bug open and there are some better 'strace's in the bug, but I
suppose unless anyone else sees this soon we can close it.

Rich.