ansible in Fedora 23+ (python3)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 16:42:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:07:42AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone has started to feel any pain from trying to
> > use ansible with F23 systems. As part of the Fedora Cloud working
> > group it would be nice to ship a system that could be targeted by
> > ansible out of the box.
>
> Sounds like you're talking about the Cloud Base; this is not
> an issue for the Atomic Host; see:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-June/211310.html

If we assume many or most Atomic Host users will be using Ansible, I
think that's a good batteries-included call. Interestingly, CoreOS has
_no_ version of Python, and I've seen two approaches for dealing with
this: using ansible 'raw' mode to pull down a python interpreter into
/home/core/bin, or else to use the toolbox-container — which,
awesomely, is Fedora-based and contains Python.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>