Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2015-10-14)

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Wed Oct 14 19:16:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:36:35AM +0530, Parag Nemade wrote:
> * #615 Strategy for services that do not have systemd native unit files
>   (paragan, 18:04:01)
>   * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/615   (paragan,
>     18:04:01)
>   * AGREED: to sgallagh's modified proposal based on
>     https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/615#comment:69 (7, 1, 0)
>     (paragan, 18:19:40)

So

”Any package in Fedora that provides a SYSV init script instead of
a systemd service unit will be retired from the distribution at the branch
point of Fedora 25 (which usually equates to Alpha Freeze). ” + exceptions?

  I'm all for it, good decision!  Probably needs heads up email
to those less active maintainers.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 "God, root, what's the difference?"
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl         "God is more forgiving."