Ownership of /usr/lib/rpm/fileattrs

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Oct 16 21:06:01 UTC 2015

Various packages now install files into /usr/lib/rpm/fileattrs for use when
building rpms.  Currently that directory is owned by:

rpm-build-4.13.0-0.rc1.4.fc23.x86_64
javapackages-tools-4.6.0-6.fc23.noarch

Of the various packages on my machine that install files there:

gstreamer1-1.6.0-2.fc23.x86_64
javapackages-tools-4.6.0-6.fc23.noarch
kde-settings-23-7.fc23.noarch
nodejs-0.10.36-4.fc23.x86_64
perl-generators-1.06-1.fc23.noarch
python3-cups-1.9.72-2.fc23.x86_64
redhat-rpm-config-36-1.fc23.noarch
rpm-build-4.13.0-0.rc1.4.fc23.x86_64
rpm-mpi-hooks-3-2.fc23.noarch

only rpm-mpi-hooks requires rpm-build for directory ownership, while
javapackages-tools takes the route of owning the directory.  However, I'd
rather rpm-mpi-hooks not require rpm-build as it's not really necessary other
than for this directory.  The simple thing I think would be for rpm to own the
directory.  Does that seem reasonable?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com