Recommended way of proposing changes in someone else Fedora packages configuration

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Oct 18 16:46:43 UTC 2015

On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:36:24 +0200
Marcin ZajÄ…czkowski <mszpak at wp.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose a minor (yet important) change in one of the
> Fedora packages configuration (a SPEC file and/or a patch). Is it
> possible to create (something like) a pull request which could be
> reviewed by the maintainer in some convenient way (*) and optionally
> merged? Or the only way is to create a patch and put it into a Buzilla
> ticket?

We have talked about such a frontend to pkgs.fedoraproject.org (most
likely reusing code from pagure.io), but we haven't imemented anything
yet.

> (*) - a given package repo could be forked and published to GitHub
> with a change in a separate branch. The new repo could be added
> locally by a maintainer (as a new remote Git repository) and that new
> branch could be merge into master and pushed to Fedora repository.
> Nevertheless it requires some knowledge about Git and a few manual
> Git commands to execute)

And adds a dependence on github to some degree.

So, for now, it's get your change upstream (if it's something upstream
could take) and it will trickle down to Fedora repos, or use a bugzilla
bug and attachment I am afraid.

I do like the idea of having PR's for packages, it would really help in
some cases.

kevin