Unresponsive maintainer and unupdated package

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Oct 19 11:32:04 UTC 2015

On 19/10/15 12:22, Chaoyi Zha wrote:

> I think someone else has also recently e-mailed about this unresponsive
> maintainer, "patches".
>
> I am looking to update one of his packages,  "nodejs"
>
> It is currently at version 0.10 in our PkgDB but  the current version is
> 4.2.1
>
> I would be happy to update and maintain this package, but I do not have
> any rights to it and it is not orphaned yet.

Updating nodejs is nothing to be done lightly. It was supposed to be
updated to 0.12 for F23:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NodeJS012

There was also an io.js plan:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/iojs

I don't think that either happened in the end though, and obviously
events have been somewhat overtaken by the remerger with io.js.

I'd suggest contacting the nodejs list in the first instance anyway as
that is where all the experts will be, including patches normally.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/