Recommended way of proposing changes in someone else Fedora packages configuration

Jeff Peeler jpeeler at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 14:18:15 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> I'd think a pagure.io like frontend would but at somewhat of a
> different level than this. You would:
>
> * Go to the interface and create a fork of the package you want to
>   change.
> * Clone that fork and work on it locally with the normal fedpkg tools.
> * When it's set, submit a PR to the package owners with all the changes
>   in your fork you want to submit.

Using pagure would be very much a superior work flow. But basically
anything that supports handling and reviewing patches would be a big
step forward above the current bugzilla based process. This thread
reminds me of an email I sent earlier this year:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-January/207033.html

There I was simply yearning for a tool to help with newly introduced
packages. If Fedora can utilize a tool (such as pagure) to help with
the entire lifetime of the package, all the more better!