[Fedora-legal-list] tktable license clarification

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Oct 19 17:30:09 UTC 2015

AT> Probably i taken too much seriously this "type of joke", so much
AT> that this issue does not deserve any answer.

Well, if the license text says "you must buy me a beer of you see me" or
whatever then that would render the software non-free regardless.  If it
says "feel free to", "please consider", "you are strongly encouraged" or
the like, then the clause does not impact the free-ness of the
software.  (Yes, there was some software which required users to
purchase some beverage, and that software was non-free until the license
was altered.)

In this case, it's just a request and can be ignored.  (not a lawyer,
blah, blah.)  I didn't read the rest of the license to see  if there's
anything else in there, though.

 - J<