Announcing the release of Fedora 23 Beta!

Gerard Ryan galileo at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 19 18:57:47 UTC 2015

On 10/19/2015 07:47 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 19.10.2015 um 20:35 schrieb Gerard Ryan:
>> On 10/18/2015 06:49 PM, Andreas Tunek wrote:
>>> I still can't upgrade, I get:
>>>
>>> dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=23 --distro-sync
>>> dnf system-upgrade reboot
>>
>> Yes, I'm in the same situation. Would you mind adding the info of what
>> you get to the bug in bugzilla so that the maintainers can see it all in
>> one place (it's difficult for everyone to keep up with this mailing list
>> all the time) and know that there are more people experiencing it
>
> any bet "dnf --releasever=23 --distro-sync" followed by a reboot just
> works as online dist-upgrades are working *for years* on dozens fo
> machines while all the offline-updatem, pre-upgrade and whatever stuff
> was *never* reliebale

Thankfully I only ever have one or two systems to update. :)

Even if that online way that you mention works, I'm going to hold off
until the "recommended" (is it?) way works, since otherwise I won't have
any way to verify the fix when it comes.

Let's hope that once these issues are ironed out that it will be as
reliable as any other way.