To someone with power to push packages on Fedora 21

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Oct 21 16:14:50 UTC 2015

On Qua, 2015-10-21 at 02:22 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > The testers write "works for me" or report a new bug. When things work,
> > there's nothing to evaluate. Doing the counting by hand is just a way to
> > waste time.
>
> 10 "works for me" and 1 "deletes all my data" do not make a quality of +9.
> They mean a package that should be unpushed ASAP and most definitely NEVER
> be pushed to stable.
>
> I mostly ignore generic "works for me" feedback with no details. It is not
> useful. I mainly care about whether there was any legitimate negative
> feedback or not. (Unfortunately, there is also plenty of invalid negative
> feedback, e.g., regressions that are actually caused by other updates, "does
> not fix bug #nnnnnnn" when it was never claimed to be fixed, etc.)

Kevin, Sounds like the experiences with an update with 50 packages like
a KDE , but most cases are just a leaf package, which a "works for me"
is a good feedback, for me .
Conclusion bodhi auto-karma are in the correct proportions , and
should /can be adjust for popular packages .

What I'm trying point out, after a general availability of a release,
I'm a beta tester, I disable update-testings repo and after some weeks I
do a: dnf list extras, I see many packages that still in update-testing
and yes I can make dnf distro-sync, and I can downgrade a bunch of
packages but isn't it more logical push that packages to stable ?, that
way all users (beta testers and others) as the same experience

--
Sérgio M. B.