To distro-sync or not distro-sync?

Honza Šilhan jsilhan at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 10:22:03 UTC 2015

> From: "Vít Ondruch" <vondruch at redhat.com>
>
> Dne 29.10.2015 v 13:24 Honza Šilhan napsal(a):
> > You can exclude the conflicting packages to proceed the system-upgrade
> > i.e.:
> > "dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=23 --distro-sync -x
> > rubygem-celluloid --allowerasing"
>

> Does the "-x" work actually? Last time I tried, the package I excluded
> was not downloaded (as expected), but after restart, the "-x" was not
> used and my system-upgrade failed (this was unexpected). These flags
> should be propagated and honored after restart, during the upgrade phase.

It should definitely honor excluded packages after restart. System-upgrade
should apply packages that were resolved and downloaded by DNF. I don't know
how exactly are packages installed / removed after restart (Will know).
If you encounter this problem, please, report a bug for dnf-plugin-system-upgrade
component.

Honza