rpmbuilding golang applications

Tait Clarridge tait at clarridge.ca
Fri Oct 30 13:10:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 6:46 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 01:26:03AM +0100, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

>> I created RPMs for all dependencies which are installed at
>> /usr/share/gocode/src and these are found and influxdb builds fine
>> however once the "go install ./..." line is reached in the spec file I
>> get permission denied errors.

I usually run "go build" and copy the compiled binaries into the
desired install directory to avoid any "helpful" installs the go
install tooling tries to provide.

Go docs for install:
"Usage:

go install [build flags] [packages]
Install compiles and installs the packages named by the import paths,
along with their dependencies."

Probably not the 100% correct way, but at least if the deps are
properly packaged you can run the build and then copy (just as you
would for a project with no make install).