Fedora IPv6 testing and improvements - request for ideas

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Fri Oct 30 22:47:11 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> said:
> You can set this on a per-connection basis with NM.  It just defaults to
> "unset", which then defaults to "on".  You can also set a global default
> through /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf so that all new
> connections on your system get "disabled" when they have the privacy
> value unset.

I like privacy extensions - that's not the point.  The point is that
Fedora with NM is violating the RFC by removing deprecated addresses
while they are still in use, something that the kernel managed to get
right (why NM had to take over this management of them from the kernel,
and then get it wrong, I don't know).

I reported this a year ago to BZ but never got a single response.
--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>