Cleanup of Upstream Relase Monitoring bugs

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 12:49:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Today, I stumbled upon OPEN bugs [1] link on Upstream Release Monitoring
wiki page [2]. And the BZ/packages probably deserves cleanup. There are
several categories I identified as worrying:

1) Packages are retired but the bugs are kept open. For example:

xorg-x11-drv-{mouse,sisusb, ...}
opengrok

2) Packages are not updated in ages, although newer version exists:

bouml
ovaldi

3) Packages are updated, but the bug is kept open

gobject-introspection
rsyslog

I would suggest probably to close the bugs for 1st category, the
packages from 2nd category should be orphaned and the packages from 3rd
category should not be monitored anymore. Any thoughts?

Vít

[1]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=ON_DEV&bug_status=ON_QA&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=RELEASE_PENDING&bug_status=POST&classification=Fedora&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate%2Copendate&email1=upstream-release-monitoring%40fedoraproject.org&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=substring&list_id=1733771&order=changeddate%20DESC%2Cbug_id%20DESC&query_based_on=&query_format=advanced

[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upstream_release_monitoring