Cleanup of Upstream Relase Monitoring bugs

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 14:27:58 UTC 2015

Dne 2.9.2015 v 16:10 Paul Wouters napsal(a):
> On Wed, 2 Sep 2015, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>
>> 3) Packages are updated, but the bug is kept open
>
>> I would suggest probably to close the bugs for 1st category, the
>> packages from 2nd category should be orphaned and the packages from 3rd
>> category should not be monitored anymore. Any thoughts?
>
> I would keep monitoring for 3) but close onesting bugs that are too old
> and were clearly forgotten. I prefer to be informed by the monitor
> script, even if I am a version behind :)

Yes (3) is a bit tricky. I can imagine, that some maintainers probably
don't want to close that bug and keep it updated all the time, since BZ
sends notifications and that might be enough. Moreover, even change the
state to ASSIGNED makes the-new-hotness to open new ticket [1] :/. But I
doubt that it is useful for stuff like "gobject-introspection" since I
assume this is part of "Gnome megaupdates" (I might be wrong about this).

Vít

[1]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=POST&bug_status=MODIFIED&bug_status=ON_DEV&bug_status=ON_QA&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=RELEASE_PENDING&component=rubygem-bundler&list_id=3784124&product=Fedora&query_format=advanced

> I've also just now added comments for all my entries on why these are
> still not in CLOSED state.

Thx, thats great!

Vít