Cleanup of Upstream Relase Monitoring bugs

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Sep 2 21:30:17 UTC 2015

On 09/02/2015 06:49 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today, I stumbled upon OPEN bugs [1] link on Upstream Release Monitoring
> wiki page [2]. And the BZ/packages probably deserves cleanup. There are
> several categories I identified as worrying:
>
> 1) Packages are retired but the bugs are kept open. For example:
>
> 2) Packages are not updated in ages, although newer version exists:
>
> 3) Packages are updated, but the bug is kept open
>
> I would suggest probably to close the bugs for 1st category, the
> packages from 2nd category should be orphaned and the packages from 3rd
> category should not be monitored anymore. Any thoughts?

I agree with the first two.  Need some criteria for how "ages" is defined though.

As for 3, I have a couple packages that update frequently and I prefer to just
leave the tracking bug open let it update, thus doing my part to preserve
precious positive integers :).  Perhaps adding the Tracking keyword could be
helpful here somehow?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com