Looking for new maintainer: ownCloud (Fedora / EPEL)

Eric Griffith egriffith92 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:49:07 UTC 2015

On Sep 2, 2015 8:46 PM, "Adam Williamson" <adamwill at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-09-01 at 11:00 +0200, Germano Massullo wrote:
> > Il 31/08/2015 18:19, Adam Williamson ha scritto:
> > > There isn't really a great alternative to ownCloud (that I know
> > > of) if
> > > you actually *want* a 'personal cloud server' with all the bits OC
> > > has, but I realized I just don't and I can't stand the pain of
> > > maintaining that beast just to keep my calendar and contacts
> > > synchronized. I do honestly feel bad about it, but I'd rather be
> > > up-
> > > front than pretend I'm still doing it but actually never get
> > > around to
> > > it.
> > What about OpenAtrium?
> >
> > http://openatrium.com
>
> I read the first part of the description and fell asleep:
>
> "Open Atrium is an intranet in a box that has group spaces to allow
> different teams to have their own conversations and collaboration."
>
> then I read the second part and went 'huh-wha?':
>
> "Open Atrium 2.x for Drupal 7
> A new architecture for Drupal 7 that is built upon Organic Groups and
> Panopoly and intended as an extensible collaboration framework."
>
> So...wait...it's some sort of file sharing system built on top of a
> CMS? This doesn't sound like it's going to be any simpler than
> ownCloud. :P And it's still PHP. But sure, it's a thing!

Adam have you gotten in touch with Upstream at all? Seen if maybe they can
make changes on their end to make packaging any easier? I'm sure some parts
of it are just a result of php being php, but you did mention bundling for
part of it. Maybe they'd be willing to work with downstream packagers to
get things in a better place?