Update to rpm-4.13.0 in F23

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 11:27:29 UTC 2015

Hi!

I plan to update rpm in F23. The alpha has been in rawhide for some
weeks [1] with the latest release candidate being there since 2nd of
September[2]. Main reason is to help adopting new features (e.g. [3]) in
the F24 and F25 time frame as this gets the new version to be builders
one release earlier.

So far we found two changes that affect a small number of existing packages:

1) A bug fix now trips up packages installing files into the docdir
without listing them in the %files section. Previous rpm versions
erroneously just added those files if %doc was used. This can be fixed
easily by adding those files to the %files section.

2) The rpm trigger implementation only allows one trigger for each
triggering package per package. This limitation still persists but we
now refuse to build packages having two or more such triggers. This is
very rare and can be solve by merging the triggers into one.

If something else turns up we can still revert the particular change in F23.

Objections?

Florian

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-July/212672.html
[2]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-September/214075.html
    http://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.13.0
[3] https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/566

--

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/ Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael