working way to push updates currently?

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Sep 4 10:10:40 UTC 2015

Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> writes:

> On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 17:33:44 +0100
> Dave Love <d.love at liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Is there a currently-working way to push an update?
>>
>> fedpkg update (running on rhel6, but with the latest available
>> versions of bodhi and python-fedora as far as I can tell) crashes.
>
> Can you please file an issue on this?
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues (preferred)
>
> or
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/

I already filed an issue in bugzilla, per instructions for EPEL
packages, since the client crashes.  (It may well actually be a problem
with python-fedora.)  Was that a waste of time?

I'm afraid Fedora breaks a cardinal rule of maintenance -- make it easy
to report bugs.  Also the struggle involved in providing a new package
is pretty disheartening for a new contributor.

>> When I remember the non-obvious way to do it on the bodhi web site
>> and try, I get a pop-up saying just "Required", though I managed to
>> operate it previously.
>
> That's also pretty weird. Can you file an issue on that as well... I
> haven't seen any other reports of it and don't see it here.
>
> kevin

OK, but I'd rather avoid the web interface and devote time to a working
command line.